TPAS England, is the leading national tenant participation organisation working to promote tenant empowerment.
About the Tenant Participation Advisory Service
Our aim is to extend the reach and quality of tenant influence by working with social housing residents and landlords to develop successful partnerships and supporting tenants and community groups to take on a more representative role.
TPAS is a not for profit membership organisation that provides information, consultancy, training and conferences on all aspects of involving tenants in their housing management.
To this end we provide:
- A helpline and information service for landlord members.
- Conferences and seminars on all aspects of tenant participation.
- A training programme for tenants and housing workers.
- Consultancy work with tenants groups and landlords.
- In-house training on request.
- We also have links with Central Government and help to develop government policy around tenant participation issues.
As a member organisation we are made up of tenants’ groups and social housing landlords, which makes us a truly representative and accountable organisation.