Leadership in Tenant and Community Groups
Leadership is essential to the success of tenant and community groups, and yet is often overlooked. What does 'leadership' mean in the context of communities? How can we develop leadership skills that are appropriate to inclusive, grass roots organisations? If you are involved in your community, or are supporting community activitists, this course will help take your impact to another level.
Many of the images we have of leadership come from the military, politics or business. However, people who are prepared to get involved and stand up for others in their community are also leaders, whether recognised as such or not. In this course we shall look at examples of successful community leaders, share ideas and experiences and explore a range of practical skills and methods that you can take back and use.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand what's different about tenant and community leadership
- Know the key aspects of a community leader's role and the skills and qualities involved
- Understand different styles of leadership and have insight into your own preferences
- Know how to inspire people with a powerful vision and values
- Know they key principles for engaging other people and keeping them motivated
- Know how to use coaching skills to bring out the best in other members of your group
- Have a toolbox of ideas for building the confidence of your group
This course is for anyone who is actively engaged in a tenants/community group or body, or for staff responsible for supporting and developing them.
Benefits of attending this course
You will know how to exercise leadership in ways that are proven to be effective in community groups. You will feel more confident about playing a leading role or in supporting leadership. You will have new ideas about how to strengthen the group(s) you belong to.
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Wed 21st Mar 2018, 10:00am - 4:00pm
., ., Birmingham, ., .
|Leadership in Tenant & Community Groups - 21/03/2018|
Name: Tpas Training Team
Phone: 0161 868 3520
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.