One Housing Riverside ICA
Monday 6th of September 2021
13 September 2021: Meet your ITA
As you may know your landlord may be doing a consultation event in your area where you can drop in face to face. They have published an initial list on their website which you can find using the following links:
We will be attending quite a few of these and you can see which ones we are going to at the moment by downloading the 'Meet your ITA Schedule' below. So if you want to talk to a member of Tpas face to face you can do so at one of these events.
Please note new events may be added so you might want to come back and check this space and your landlord's website if there is not one currently in your area. as we have noted elsewhere on the site face to face consultation events are mainly focused in the London area at the moment as these customers will probably have the most questions. However you can always contact us or your landlords direct if you want to know more and want to talk to somebody face to face.
Who are Tpas?
Tpas is a national non-for-profit provider of independent and impartial advice for tenants and residents with a long and successful track record across the UK.
Who selected Tpas and what is our role?
We were selected by your customer representatives to be the Independent Advisor during this consultation. We were then appointed by both landlords
As your Independent Advisor our role is to provide independent and impartial advice to any Riverside or One Housing resident on any aspect of these proposals.
We will also be advising your resident representatives as they work with us on these proposals.
What does this mean in practice?
Basically, our role is:
- To make sure the information you get is fair and accurate
- To make sure the consultation process is as inclusive as possible
- To answer any queries or concerns you may have from an independent perspective
- To give you our own independent take of the process and the issues
- To provide your customer representatives with independent advice and support as they work with your landlords to understand customer feedback on the proposals for merger and decide on the next steps.
So to sum up, we are an independent organisation that can answer your questions, check the information you get, make sure your views are listened to and help your representatives represent you effectively.
If you want to find out more about the transfer process itself and how you can get involved please see the section entitled ‘So what are customer being consulted on?’ section below.
Your Tpas Team for this project are (left to right):
- Dave Smethurst Tpas Associate: Lead Independent Customer Advisor
- Emma Flynn Tpas Associate: Independent Customer Advisor
- Matthew Wicks: Tpas associate: Independent Customer Advisor
- Gillian McClaren: Tpas National Consultancy Manager: Project Manager
- Emma Gilpin: Tpas National Consultancy Manger: Independent Customer Advisor Support
- Leanne Farrell: Project Coordinator: Tpas Business Services Officer
If you would like to talk to us about anything at all in relation to the process you can contact us by:
Phone: on our freephone number: 0800 731 1619
Or you can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please leave a voicemail with your name, telephone number and landlord and we'll aim to get back to you within 24 hours. we will respond to emails within 3 working days. Alternatively, you can ask any member of your landlord’s staff to contact Tpas on your behalf and a member of our team will get in touch with you directly. You can call your landlord to do this or ask a member of staff face to face.
Your details will be held confidentially by us and will only be passed on to your landlord for further action should you explicity request this.
We really do want to hear from you about anything you want to discuss! This could be a question about how the proposals could affect you, any questions you have about the process itself, something you don’t understand or you think it is unclear in something you have read or some concerns you have about what will happen to an existing service or local project. These are just examples but hopefully you get the idea and we really are happy to answer anything.
We have also prepared a list of frequently asked questions which you can find below.
Finding out more about us and our services
If you are interested in finding out more about Tpas and accessing resources that may be of help to you, such as information about tenants’ rights, housing issues and getting your views heard, as both your landlords are members of Tpas you can get free access to the members only area of our website, using the links below:
The standards we work to
If you want to know more about the standard we work to as an Independent Advisor you can view our Independent Advisor Service Charter - ‘The Good ITA Guide’ which tells you what you should expect from a good Independent Customer Advisor service. This is often called an ITA (independent Tenants Advisor) service as this is the historic term used.
So, what are we as customers being consulted on?
As you will probably, we be aware One Housing and Riverside have sent all their customers a consultation document called ‘Better and Stronger Together: Proposals for the Riverside Group and One Housing Group to come together in a new partnership’
In this section we give you our take on what is happening, what you are being consulted on and the proposed process. we will also tell you about how you can give your views to your landlord.
- One Housing and Riverside are looking to join forces and become one landlord.
- The aim of this merger is to enable them to pool resources to provide improved services and have more resources for repairs, property improvements and building new affordable homes. The merger is also intended to provide long term financial stability for both organisations.
- As regulated Social Housing providers they are required to consult all their customers on their proposals for the merger. This will be done by sending all customers a customer consultation document that describes the process and their proposals for the future management of people’s homes.
- As well as outlining what is proposed the customer consultation document also contains 6 pledges to customers about the services they will receive, their tenancy rights, rent, property as well as neighbourhood investment, customer engagement and delivering on their promises.
- Customers will be asked to give their feedback on these proposals via a short survey that can be submitted by freepost, electronically or by phone to the customer contact centre. This feedback will be used by the landlord to decide on their future approach to the merger
- The proposals have been developed with a panel of 12 customer representatives, who are made up equally of customers from Riverside and One Housing. The purpose of the customer panel is to ensure customer interests are being considered in what is being proposed and the consultation period. They will also feedback to landlords at the end of the consultation process on future merger proposals.
- The customer consultation period will run from the 6/9/21 to the 15/10/21. The results will be discussed in November with a recommendation going to both landlord Boards on whether to go ahead with the merger and if so, the proposals recommended in the light of customer feedback will be adopted.
- Work on the merger of the 2 landlords will commence early in 2022 with a view to completion in early 2024.
- During this period an intense period of service review in consultation with customers will be undertaken followed by the introduction of a new service delivery framework near the end of this period. It is unlikely you will see any significant change in terms of the services you receive in 2022.
- One Housing will become a full member of the Riverside Housing group at the end of this 2-year period.
Hopefully this brief summary helps you to get an overview of what is being proposed.
The above is our take on the situation based on the information we have received. We will update this section and our website more generally as the consultation process progresses if we need to. We will also add more questions to The FAQ section based on what people ask.
To view what’s proposed You can see the customer offer document called ‘Better and Stronger Together: Proposals for the Riverside Group and One Housing Group to come together in a new partnership’.
How can I make my views known to my landlord or find out more during this consultation period?
Both landlords have sent all their customers the customer consultation document, as well as providing key information there will also be a prepaid feedback reply card where you can give your views.
Via your landlord website:
- You can give your feedback online or by phone to your landlord. For details of how you can do this or to leave your feedback
- Your landlords will also be producing regular updates and their own Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) based on feedback they have received from customers
- Your landlords will be running some face to face drop in sessions which you can go to and speak to members of staff directly
For details of all the above please visit your landlord website:
If there is no drop-in session in your area you can ring up your landlord and ask for someone to get in contact with you to answer any queries you have using your normal contact number.
The landlords are also aiming to produce a video explaining the process as well as some video updates. These will also be available on their website.
The landlords will also be focusing on any customers or groups of customers that may have difficulty in accessing this information to make sure they understand what is proposed and can give their views. If you feel you may be in this position or know somebody who is, please call your landlord on the normal number and they will make sure they get in contact.
If you have any problems, please contact us at Tpas via our Freephone 0800 731 1619 or by emailing email@example.com
What will Tpas be doing during the consultation period?
We will be:
- Responding to any customer queries from customers who contact us
- Updating the landlords and customer representatives on what people have feedback to us as well as analysing and advising them on any customer feedback received by the landlords themselves
- We will be looking to produce a video explaining our role and our take on the process this will be put on this site when its produced and on landlord websites.
- We will also be holding a number of virtual drop-in sessions which people can access via computer or their social media devices. These will be advertised on this site and via your landlords website and other usual contact routes for customers.
- We will also be producing additional briefing articles and regular updates throughout the process which we will post on this site as well as updating our own FAQ’s based on what people ask us.
We will continue to update the information on this site and add new articles and progress reports. So please watch this space and keep coming back!!