CIH Level 2 Award in Involvement in Housing and Communities
This is a new qualification that is suitable for tenants and residents and aims to provide the skills and knowledge to help them be actively involved in their activities with the housing organisation and their communities.
It is a flexible qualification as it offers a great deal of choice.
There are 27 different units or courses to choose from.
There are four different pathways, click each to find out more:
You can choose a specific pathway or choose three courses that you want to complete.
We will work with you to plan a way of delivering the award that best meet your needs.
You may already have taken an accredited training course, for example you have successfully completed a TPAS E learning Course. We can look at what you have previously done and take this into account and this may contribute to you achieving the qualification. There are many different ways of achieving this qualification.
Once registered you have up to two years to complete the award.
- Chairing Skills
- Effective Meetings
- Role of a community representative
- Inspecting your landlord
- Understanding housing management performance information
- Understanding scrutiny in the housing service
- Undertaking a review of the housing service
- Value for money
- Performing effectively at interviews
- Developing Negotiation skills
- Group and teamwork communication skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- Interviewer skills
- Funding bidding and processes
- Sustainable living
- Managing a project
- Role of a Peer Mentor
- Participating in community activities
- Services available for communities
- Diversity of Communities
- Developing skills for working in housing
- Careers and opportunities in housing
- Housing provision and housing organisations
- Involving residents in housing organisations
Running the course
Each course is a standalone session and takes two days to complete. This can be on consecutively days or different weeks, evening and half day sessions. Tpas will work with you to develop a bespoke programme for your organisation or group.
Costs for In House Delivery
There are different training day rates for Tpas members and non members. Please contact the Tpas Training Team for our up to date costs.
On-demand: At a time to suit you.
This event is accredited
Tpas Training Teamtraining@tpas.org.uk
0161 868 3520