“This government will not stand for any tenant being mistreated and we are acting to ensure they get the safe and decent homes they deserve” Michael Gove, Housing Secretary.
Tpas is delighted to launch our Collaborate, a series of research programmes.
Each programme will be an opportunity for you to partner with peers, Tpas and sector leaders to create solutions together that will inform and develop resident influence across a number of current sector issues.
Each joining organisation will have up to four places at each workshop, creating space for colleagues to participate at a detailed level, or for a variety of colleagues to attend different sessions.
Through a series of one-day in-person workshops, you will work through issues you and your organisation is facing in ensuring that residents experiences are noticed and acted on in relation to a key challenge facing the sector.
Tpas is running a consecutive series of programmes that include:
- Understanding the context, background and expectations to effective resident influence in the issue being explored
- A safe environment for organisations to learn and develop ideas in a collaborative way and to create solutions
- A tangible action plan based on evidence to be able to deliver improvements
After each programme a report will be published that features organisations that have collaborated together and provide solutions to real time challenges.
What do the programmes look like?
Working with Tpas you will:
- Be part of a collaborative peer led group focused on the creation of solutions to resident engagement challenges
- Understand accountability and responsibility across key sector challenges and ensuring compliance with emerging regulatory and statutory obligations
- Hear from Tpas and other thought leaders on proven techniques and develop a blueprint to overcome barriers
- Develop future practice, supporting the sector to innovate
- Motivate staff and stakeholders to understand the importance of residents’ experiences
Our expertise is built upon:
- We’re Tpas, England’s leading tenant engagement experts.
- We are a destination organisation for Regulators across the social housing sector.
- We regularly organise or join roundtable discussions, facilitate sessions and provide direct feedback and thought-leadership to the Regulator of Social Housing, the Building Safety regulator and The Housing Ombudsman.
- Alongside that we are a partner of choice with organisations such as HACT, CIH, NHF Placeshapers and LGA valuing our counsel to help ensure that through collaborative behaviours, meaningful resident engagement is developed for the benefit of the majority rather than the few.
- We’re a not-for-profit organisation and have been representing our members across England since 1988.
- We promote, support and champion tenant involvement and empowerment in social housing across England.
Find out what participants said about our first Collaborate:
“Excellent. The project was a success for (us) as it enabled us to achieve our outcomes within timeframe and budget, using a method that is innovative, unique and collaborative”
Collaborate with Tpas and your peers
As Engagement Experts our Collaborative research programme is designed to deliver a real difference and positive impact on your organisation and communities
By joining Collaborate you will be well-prepared for the forthcoming regulatory changes, but more importantly you will be satisfied that you are doing everything you can to build and sustain trust between your organisation and the residents that it serves.
What people said:
"It was a positive learning experience and it was great to work with others."