Improving Performance and Value for Money
Tenant engagement is all about tenants influencing services, strategies and standards. Volunteers can only work confidently with landlords to do this if they have access to the right information and an understanding of the factors affecting service delivery.
This course examines current issues affecting housing services, the standards set for those services and how performance can be measured and improved. The course shows the range of information needed to take a view on value for money. It also looks at how tenants and residents can be involved in co designing services that work.
The course will take a broad look at the issues giving staff and volunteers the context in which to go back to their organisations and better involve volunteers in influencing services and performance.
The course will
- Look at what the regulator Homes England expects of landlords services;
- Reflect on what tenants, leaseholders and service users expect from landlords services;
- Examine performance standards and performance information and how this information can be used;
- Consider the information you need to see to assess whether a service is providing good value for money;
- Find out more about the techniques housing providers use to review and improve services;
- Gain clarity on where tenant scrutiny fits in and how tenants can work with landlords to co design effective services and monitor performance against the standards set;
- Look at case studies of current approaches.
Involved tenants and residents who work with their landlords to improve and monitor services and carry out scrutiny reviews. Staff who work with tenants to scrutinise and improve services.
By completing this course you will
Feel equipped to go back to your organisations and get together the information and approaches you need in order to work together to address service and value for money issues.
This new course builds on the success of our previous courses ‘Understanding Housing Management Performance Information’ and ‘Value for Money’.
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Tue 11th Sep 2018, 10:00am - 4:00pm
., ., London, ., .
|Improving Performance and Value for Money|
Name: Tpas Training Team
Phone: 0161 868 3520
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.