A course to help you explore the fast moving world of social media and learn to make the most of your phone, tablet or computer. This is not a course for computer nerds - just the opposite. It's for anyone who wants to discover new ways to communicate, consult or collaborate and improve the reach of their engagement.
This course is designed to give you the information and confidence you need to begin or extend your digital journey or try new approaches. You will explore making the most of your phone, tablet or computer plus websites, apps and social media to share information and getting information out to the people who need it and much, much more.
We're not saying digital engagement is a replacement for meeting up face to face but it can make your face to face contact much more effective. New approaches broaden your reach and enable you to research, network, share and generate ideas and collaborate anywhere, at anytime.
- Learn about digital technology and its capabilities
- Discover how to communicate effectively using social media
- Explore how to work collaboratively online
- Consider how best to communicate with landlords and other organisations using smart phones, apps, tablets and laptops
- Examine good practice examples of how digital technology and social media is being used in the social housing sector to enhance tenant involvement
- Look at the Community Reporter role and the use of information technology in resident-led scrutiny
- Explore online fundraising opportunities
This course is designed for volunteers or staff tenants who want to understand how they can use the technology to engage with other tenants, residents, community members, landlords and other agencies. It is also design for staff who are involved in tenant engagement and who are tasked with using their employer's IT resources to open up new channels of communication with their customers.
By completing this course you will
Feel more confidence to engage with the tenants and communities you work or volunteer with and to understand which methods are best for with projects.
What people have said
Widespread within what it encompasses, knowledgeably presented, good open discussion
A good way to gain more understanding of technology available to you and how you can use it from an organisations point of view
It has made me aware of how much I can get from my ‘digital world’ and understand more how to use it
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Fri 29th Jun 2018, 10:00am - 4:00pm
., ., London, ., .
Name: Tpas Training Team
Phone: 0161 868 3520
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.