Consumer Vulnerability (Free for Tpas Members)
This session will look at consumer vulnerability with a focus on The Governments 'Make Things Right' campaign.
It will focus on soft skills and provide general awareness on consumer vulnerability. It will also provide tips and methods for providing support to all consumers to ensure they are listened to and get the outcome that is best for them whilst managing their expectations with empathy and sympathy.
It will aim to provide practical awareness and tips on how to assist all consumers, creating an inclusive service that supports all types of consumer vulnerability.
What will the session cover?
- What is consumer vulnerability
- What are the possible causes of consumer vulnerability
- Help you understand how you might identify and work with consumers that may be vulnerable
- Practical tips on how to support consumers
- The opportunity to relect on current processes
What will delegates learn?
The learning objectives are as follows:
- To help you identify and assist consumer vulnerability
- To help you ensure that consumers receive the information necessary to make informed decisions and are not exploited
- To help ensure the consumer gets the best outcomes for themselves
- To help develop strategies to ensure consumer vulnerability, inclusion and diversity are always considered
- Provide oppportunites for considering how you can change things within your own organisation
The session will be run by Louise Baxter from Consumer Friend. Louise is an accredited trainer and keynote speaker and has been a Trading Standards Offices and a consumer champion for over 20 years. She is an expert in fraud, scams, consumer regulation, education and consumer vulnerability.
Louise is an active Non-Executive Board Member for the Propoerty Ombudsman Service, a consumer panel member for Phone-Paid Services Authority and joint CEO for Consumer Friend Ltd. She was awarded a fellowship and MBE for protecting vulnerable cusomer from financial abuse in 2017.