Value for Money & Tenant Engagement
Value for money is not the easiest thing to define or measure. This course uses interactive exercises and scenarios to explore 'value for money' in housing in an accessible and enjoyable way.
Understand what value for money (VfM) really means, with the emphasis on 'value' and not just 'money'. Apply your knowledge to making value for money assessments whatever your role.
- Defining value for money
- The relationship between economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Making sure you are doing the right things and then doing them right
- Gathering information to assess value for money
- Involving tenants and residents in value for money assessments
- Considering value that isn't measured by money
- Applying VfM principles in your own organisation
- Exploring the regulators requirements around VfM for housing associations and how this approach is useful for councils too
This is an ideal course for tenants and residents involved in improving services, influencing decisions, scrutiny and community projects. It's also great for staff who make the value for money case for the work they do or work with tenants and residents on value for money issues.
Benefits for Attending the Course
You will feel more confident in assessing value for money and be able to effectively contribute to discussions and activities.
What People Say and Found Useful
'Brilliant - exceeded expectations on, at times, a dry subject'
'All of it! How to cearly and consicely explain VfM - Brainstorming ideas on how to further embed VfM'
'Really understanding the difference between outputs and outcomes (efficiences)'
'How to explain VfM is not just money saving'
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Thu 16th Feb 2017, 10:00am - 4:00pm
City Centre, London, London, .
Name: Tpas Training Team
Phone: 0161 868 3520
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.