Complaints Workshop for Tenants & Residents
Join Tpas and The Housing Ombudsman for a complaints workshop
A practical guide for residents
With the effective resolution of complaints featuring significantly in the Green paper, Tpas is pleased to announce that it is teaming up with the Housing Ombudsman to deliver this timely and practical workshop
The day will cover:
Tpas is teaming up with the Housing Ombudsman to deliver a series of practical workshops designed exclusively for social housing residents.
This session covers the complaints essentials such as Landlords procedures and the role of the Ombudsman, as well as using real life case studies to demonstrate how to resolve complaints quicker and smarter.
This session also looks at the Green Paper themes around complaints and how residents can engage effectively with the landlord’s complaint handling process.
You will also have the opportunity to network and share best practice with residents from other landlords.
- Explore how complaints escalate.
- Examine Time, Action and Communication principles.
- Understand how Complaints procedures work, and what residents can expect of their landlord’s complaint handling service.
- Know how to focus on the key issues of the complaint and achieving a fair outcome.
- Examine dispute resolution principles, case studies, and (regulatory requirement?) demonstrating best practice around complaints.
- Explore how to escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman
- Examine the the key Green Paper themes around complaints
- Identify the options for resident involvement in their landlord’s complaints handling process.
10.30am: Welcome and Introductions
10.40am: What is a complaint? How and why do they escalate?
11.00am : Understanding Landlord complaint processes
11.20am: Key issues of the complaint and achieving a fair outcome
11.40am: Residents expectations of landlords complaint handling process
12.00pm: Dispute resolution principles – what are they and what do they mean in practical terms? Case studies
12.45pm: Lunch and Networking
1.15pm Escalating your complaint to the Ombudsman
1.40pm The Green Paper, Regulatory Requirements and options for resident engagement
This workshop is aimed at tenants and residents
We also running workshops for staff - see our events page for more information.
31st January 2019 in Rotherham
Thu 29th Nov 2018, 10:30am - 2:30pm
Wandle H A Offices
Minerva House, Montague Close, London, London, SE1 9BB
Name: Lisa Holt
Phone: 0161 868 3500
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.