Complaints Masterclass for Staff, Board Members and Councillors
Involving your customers in the complaints process...
Join Tpas and The Housing Ombudsman for a complaints masterclass
With the effective resolution of complaints featuring significantly in the Green paper, Tpas is pleased to announce that it is teaming up with the Housing Ombudsman to deliver this timely and practical masterclass.
The day will cover:
Delivered by the Housing Ombudsman’s and Tpas’s expert trainers, it will focus on how landlords can successfully engage with residents to deliver better complaint handling and outcomes.
It will not only draw on the specialist skills and knowledge of the Ombudsman and Tpas, but will also include the experiences of Landlords who have opened up their complaints processes to their residents with some impressive results.
You will also have the opportunity to network and share best practice with participants from other landlords.
- Explore what makes an effective complaints process
- Explore how complaints escalate and examine the common areas of customer frustration.
- Time, Action and Communication principles.
- Identify options for resident involvement in the complaints framework including
- Cold case review sessions
- Independent complaints panels
- Complaint monitoring groups
- Designing a customer focused complaints process
Hear about the improvements and outcomes that have been made as a result of customer engagement
10.30am: Welcome and Introductions
10.40am: What makes an effective complaints process
11.00am: Common areas of customer frustration
11.10am: Time, Action and Communication principles
11.30am: Dispute resolution principles – what are they and what do they mean in practical terms? Case studies
11.50am: Options for involving customers in complaints
12.30pm: Lunch and Networking
12.45pm: Case studies, good practice tips and open questions session
This workshop is aimed at staff, board members and Councillors.
24th January 2019 London
Here's what the attendees of our recent events said about the day...
- A good opportunity to showcase, learn, listen and share best practice. Some very thought provoking ideas to take away.
- A good insight into designated person role for tenants groups
- It has been interesting to get an overview of complaints processes in relation to the bigger picture, i.e how this relates to the Ombudsman.
- Very useful and a good refresher.
Thu 7th Feb 2019, 10:00am - 2:30pm
C/O The Gateshead Housing Company Offices
Civic Centre, Regent Terrace, Gateshead Council, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE8 1HH
Name: Lisa Holt
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.