Data Protection and Customer Engagement
Whether it's complaints data to inform a scrutiny review, financial information to hold your landlord to account or sending out a survey to your local community, understanding the issues around data protection and information sharing is essential to meaningful engagement.
This informative and engaging session provides you with all the essential knowledge needed to undertake your role sucessfully. It guides you through the General Data Protection Regulation principles and other information rights, explores what the key issues are for engagement and how they may impact on your role as an involved resident or engagement practitioner.
What will the course cover?
- An overview of the General Data Protection Regulation principles
- Data sharing between landlords/tenant panels/tenant associations
- Commercial Sensitivity
- Freedom of Information Requests
- The Information Commissioners Role
What will delegates learn?
- An understanding of data protection framework
- How data protection may impact on engagement and the role of the involved tenant
- What commercial sensitivity means, when landlords use it, and how it might be challenged
- The difference between subject access requests and Freedom of Information requests and when they might be used
- What the Information Commissioner does
Who should attend?
Scrutiny panel members, tenant panel members, tenant association representatives, board members and any other involved residents or staff who need to know about data protection, information rights and engagement.
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Wed 30th Oct 2019, 10:00am - 4:00pm
., ., London, ., .
|Data Protection & Customer Engagement 301019 London|
|Commercial Member – Contractor/Sub/Affiliate|
Name: Helen Phillips
Phone: 0161 868 3522