Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - The Power of Language
A safe space in which to explore the importance of using appropriate language in today's diverse housing world and with particular emphasis on social housing.
What will the course cover?
- Why language that reflects today's diverse society matters
- How and why have things changed?
- How to 'recover' if the wrong term is used
- How might language change in the future? 'New' terms that are likely to become more common
What will delegates learn?
- Learn about the evolving nature of equality, diversity and inclusion 'language'
- Understand the importance of using appropriate language
- Increase their understanding of the diverse language currently in use
- Be able to 'recover' confidently if an inappropriate term is used
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for tenants and staff who would like to develop effective communication skills and to increase their confidence when discussing equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
All cancellations must be made in writing. If you cancel your place less than 7 working days before the training you will incur the full cost.
If you are unable to attend, you can send a substitute delegate at no extra cost. All substitute delegates must be notified to Tpas in writing.
Once we have received your cancellation in writing we will forward you a confirmation of your cancellation detailing what you will be charged.
Tpas Right to Cancel
We aim to make sure that the training courses run as planned. However, there may be times when, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to cancel the training. Should this be the case we will give you as much notice as possible. If you have already paid for the cancelled training we will give you a full refund. Should we run the training again, we will give you priority.
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Thu 18th Mar 2021, 10:00am - 1:00pm
., ., www.zoom.us, ., .
|The Power of Language|
Name: Helen Phillips
Phone: 0161 868 3500
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.