Equality, Diversity & Inclusion - The Essentials PLUS
A safe space in which to learn the equality, diversity and inclusion 'essentials', the importance of using appropriate language in today's increasingly diverse world and how to 'flip' unconcious bias to concious competence.
What will the course cover?
- Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging - exploring each element and why it matters
- The legislation to be aware of
- Challenging assumptions and bias
- Why language that reflects today's diverse society matters
- How to 'recover' if the wrong term is used
- How might language evolve in the future
What will delegates learn?
- Understand the moral, legal and ethical business case for equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Increase their understanding of the key legislation
- Learn about the evolving nature of equality, diversity and inclusion language and terminology
- Increase their understanding of the diverse language currently in use
- Understand the importance of using appropriate language
- Learn how to be an active ally
- Be able to 'recover' confidently if an inappropriate term is used
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for tenants and staff who would like to increase their overall understanding of the subject of equality, diversity and inclusion as well as develop their skills to communicate confidently when discussing equality, diversity and inclusion issues.
*This session can be tailored to be delivered 'in house' to staff/tenant attendees from the same organisation, reflecting the organisation's vision, values and equality, diversity and inclusion approach. Contact us for further information.
All cancellations must be made in writing. If you cancel your place less than 7 working days before the training you will incur the full cost.
If you are unable to attend, you can send a substitute delegate at no extra cost. All substitute delegates must be notified to Tpas in writing.
Once we have received your cancellation in writing we will forward you a confirmation of your cancellation detailing what you will be charged.
Tpas Right to Cancel
We aim to make sure that the training run as planned. However, there may be times when, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to cancel the training. Should this be the case we will give you as much notice as possible. If you have already paid for the cancelled training we will give you a full refund. Should we run the training again, we will give you priority.
Need us to train
more than 4 people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Tue 18th May 2021, 10:00am - 1:00pm
., ., www.zoom.us, ., .
|EDI - The Essentials|
Name: Helen Phillips
Phone: 0161 868 3500
Sorry, you can no longer book tickets for this event.