Ensuring Resident Scrutiny Works in Housing Organisations
To ensure housing organisations have an effective process in place to ensure resident scrutiny is effective and sustainable and meets regulatory requirements.
What will the course cover?
- What is resident scrutiny?
- How to do resident scrutiny
- Recruitment and support
- The role of service heads and support staff
- The role of Senior Leadership team
- Links with governance
- Reporting and implementation
- Ensuring the resident voice is heard and promotion
- Top tips
What will delegates learn?
- Understanding residents scrutiny and its key principles
- How residents undertake a scrutiny review
- To understand the overall role of the housing organisation and how this is key to effective scrutiny
- The roles of service teams in supporting a review of their service - what resources are needed
- How to ensure residents are recruited and supported
- Understanding information and data provision whilst keeping compliant with Data Protection
Who should attend?
Senior managers and service heads, resident engagement and governance workers, board members, resident scrutineers (although mostly aimed at housing organisations).
Jane Eyles has been a social housing tenant, a Board Member of a housing association and had a career in housing for the last 33 years. She has independently mentored and supported a number of resident scrutiny groups since it's inception. As a senior manager, she has also advised boards and senior teams on how to respond to resident scrutiny recommendations, overseeing their implementation.
As a trainer, she has a PGCE in post compulsory education and has delivered training for Tpas since 2003.
Using the combined experiences above she brings a vast knowledge and experience of resident scrutiny and how to demonstrate clear outcomes and value.
Her style is participative and uses a variey of training methods.
The course will run from 10am until 3pm.
The price is plus VAT.
All cancellations must be made in writing. If you cancel your place less than 7 working days before the webinar you will incur the full cost.
If you are unable to attend, you can send a substitute delegate at no extra cost. All substitute delegates must be notified to Tpas in writing.
Once we have received your cancellation in writing we will forward you a confirmation of your cancellation detailing what you will be charged.
Tpas Right to Cancel
We aim to make sure that the webinars run as planned. However, there may be times when, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to cancel the webinar. Should this be the case we will give you as much notice as possible. If you have already paid for the cancelled webinar we will give you a full refund. Should we run the webinar again, we will give you priority.
Need to train
a group of people?
in-house could work out more cost effective
Tue 26th Mar 2024, 10:00am - 3:00pm
., ., www.zoom.us, ., .
|Ensuring Resident Scrutiny Works in Housing Organisations
Name: Helen Phillips
Phone: 0161 868 3500