Let’s Collaborate and be united in innovating for the future
Monday 3rd of July 2023
We are really excited to be continuing with Collaborate, our programme of a series of workshops, designed with you in mind to directly address current issues and to;
- Be part of a collaborative peer led group focused on the creation of solutions to resident engagement challenges
- Understand accountability and responsibility across key sector challenges and ensuring compliance with emerging regulatory and statutory obligations
- Hear from Tpas and other thought leaders on proven techniques and develop a blueprint to overcome barriers
- Develop future practice, supporting the sector to innovate
- Motivate staff and stakeholders to understand the importance of residents’ experiences
“Excellent. The project was a success for (us) as it enabled us to achieve our outcomes within timeframe and budget, using a method that is innovative, unique and collaborative”
The response to our launch of the second Collaborate is Resident Engagement in Building Safety last week has been overwhelming and we are nearly oversubscribed. We know that the Building Safety Regulator will focus on resident engagement, we also know that the RSH will focus on health and safety, some landlords are progressing well and some have much more work to do.
The project includes;
- Understanding the context and background to the Building Safety Act with regard to the expectations for effective resident engagement
- Providing a safe environment for you to learn and develop your ideas in a collaborative and collegiate way
- Resulting in you leaving with a tangible action plan based on your own contextual evidence, enabling you to deliver evidence-based engagement with residents living in high-risk buildings
Seven workshops, over a few months with four places for each organisation that signs up, doesn’t have to be the same people either offering real flexibility. After the programme a report will be published featuring the collaborating organisations.
Thought leading facilitators and experts include;
- HSE (invited)
- Building Safety Regulator
- Michael Hill, Tpas National Consultancy Manager and Building Safety Resident Engagement Expert
- Pete Apps, Inside Housing (invited)
- Gill Kernick, Author, Speaker, Campaigner (invited)
- Anna O’Halloran, O’Halloran Consultancy Ltd
- Phil Hardy, Grand Union Housing Group, Executive Director (invited)
- Dr Simon Williams, Service Insights Ltd
- Brent O’Halloran, National Building Safety Expert, Lecturer and consultant
- Ian Wright, Disruptive Innovators Network Ltd (invited)
- Emma Flynn, Tenant Engagement Consultant Ltd
Our next Collaborate
Watch this space for our third Collaborate: Governance, this programme aims to work with participants to ensure they are able to evidence that the resident voice is a cultural priority in their organisation and enable participants to directly respond to key recommendations within the Better Social Housing Review with a spotlight on how boards are seeking assurance that they are noticing resident voices across repairs and maintenance.
Timeframe for workshops will be October 2023 – January 2024, this will be a combination of virtual and in-person for Landlord members of Tpas initially with up to four places offered to each organisation that sign up, if you would like more information please click here.