"Give tenants who were born, schooled, married and work in their towns priority in getting housed. Exceptions for people in crisis".
We asked tenant, Avril Barclay what she would do if she were in charge of housing across the country. Here is her manifesto.
(1) Give tenants who were born, schooled, married and work in their towns priority in getting housed. Exceptions for people in crisis.
(2) To always use wherever possible recyclable and self sustaining building material. Solar power where possible.
(3) To use local labour whenever possible.
(4) Remove the right to buy.
(5) A programme to encourage older tenants to move from three bedrooms to independent living if their families have moved out. So as to free up said homes for those with young families.
(6) Remove the bedroom tax for those who have disabilities.
(7) If the only option is to build on the green belt make sure that the area is not one of natural beauty. Where possible to plant trees and shrubs on a green area for families to enjoy.